Using our own containers to buy foods from bulk bins is one of the primary ways to avoid plastic packaging while grocery shopping. But it’s not always easy, especially when you’re just beginning your plastic-free journey. First, you have to find shops in your area that offer foods from bulk bins, and then you need to find out how they handle customers’ containers. You only want to pay for what’s inside, so the store needs to have a way to deduct the weight of the container. Some shops prefer customers to weigh their own containers, while other stores like Whole Foods require customers to visit the customer service desk to have their containers weighed by a staff member.
The Solution to Plastic-Free Bulk Shopping
San Francisco plastic pollution activists Eva Holman and Carolyn Box got tired of having to weigh their containers every time they went shopping (yes, you can put a sticker on the jar, but eventually, the sticker washes… Read the rest
The post Easy Bulk Shopping with the Goods Holding Company System appeared first on My Plastic-free Life.
- That comment was really badly worded. I should have said it was … by Cocoricou
- This is a convenient system! For writing, try a wet erase … by Michele Cherie of IntentionalMama.com
- Great point. And you’re right. I hadn’t thought of that benefit … by Beth Terry
- The glass jars clinking together in my bag is what I hate the … by cocoricou
- Great post! I love that they found an alternative to the twist … by jenna
- Spring Gardening with Orta Plastic-Free Self-Watering Seed Pots
- Why I Love Plastic-Free Bite Toothpaste Bits
- Jules Thin Crust – Setting an Example for Zero Waste Restaurants
Source: New feed